Fitbit is expanding its venture across the APAC region and aims to drive category and consumer brand awareness for the introduction of Fitbit, as well as its brand offerings amongst consumers in Thailand. This PR campaign was initiated to continue its global success as a market leader in the Digital Wireless Tracker category, which is already strongly established in both the USA and Australia.
- To create awareness and build top-of-mind recall for Fitbit amongst consumers, media and influencers
- Communicate product benefits in three consumer sectors; ‘Everyday’, ‘Active’, and ‘Performance’
- To generate media coverage in news, tech, lifestyle, health and fitness media and blogs
- To engage credible key influencers and encourage them to promote the new products
TQPR made use of the three key phases;
- Pre-launch – roadshows and interactive troops leading up to the actual launch to build early awareness and create visibility among the groups of target audience;
- Launch – communicate the three consumer sectors; ‘Everyday’, ‘Active’, and ‘Performance’ with different production elements, such as, giant Fitbits mimicking the real Fitbits, games, key influencers, performances, Fitbit spokesperson with activities running throughout the day. Held at the 6th largest complex in the world, Central World, to build and establish the brand, initiate momentum, awareness and buzz;
- Post-launch – continued product seedings and reviews, partnership with foundations and health clubs, and social media.
Social media management was fully utilized in parallel with the execution in order to:
- Drive daily engagement posts to increase loyalty and interaction with target consumers and fans with inspiring and empowering key content;
- Drive both content and category, generated from global and local teams
On top of this, the platform was used to engage fans to register, join the page, event and charity activity and share the stories with friends like a community, as well as, updates on the launch event, announcements and news.
Excellent media turn-out, great exposure and coverage.