News & Press
WORLDCOM GROUP OUTLINES STANDARDS FOR DEFINING PROFESSIONAL PUBLIC RELATIONS NETWORKS
For Further Information:
Padilla Speer Beardsley
WORLDCOM GROUP OUTLINES STANDARDS FOR
DEFINING PROFESSIONAL PUBLIC RELATIONS NETWORKS
NEW YORK, January 3, 2006 – Worldcom Public Relations Group, the world’s largest network of independently owned public relations counseling firms, has outlined a set of criteria that help differentiate between professional public relations networks and informal partnership arrangements.
According to Worldcom Group, a professional public relations network should:
· Be a registered taxable corporation with its members as the stockholders
· Have members who are admitted by vote after a thorough vetting process
· In addition to vetting, accept members who meet minimum size, tenure and revenue requirements (The Worldcom Group requires members to be in business for five years, have $500,000 in annual revenues and a minimum of five public relations professionals on staff)
· Require partners to adhere to a set of established protocols when sharing business to assure consistency in service delivery
· Require partners to undergo a regular peer review of firm management practices which establish uniform standards of excellence
· Employ a full-time chief operating officer and be managed by a board of directors made up of its members
· Require at least one senior manager of the member’s firm to attend semi-annual network meetings
· Offer clear benefits to members, such as industry and practice specialty groups, shared business, and knowledge sharing between partners
· Report total revenue of all member firms, total number of professional and full staff of all member firms, and which partners share business annually and names of clients they serve
“There’s a big difference between a professional public relations network like Worldcom Group and informal partner relationships common among smaller agencies,” said
For more information about these standards, visit www.worldcomgroup.com.
About the Worldcom Public Relations Group
Worldcom Public Relations Group is the world’s leading network of independently owned public relations counseling firms, with some 100 offices in 133 cities worldwide. Established in 1988, it was formed so that the strongest, most capable independent public relations firms could serve national, international and multi-national clients while retaining the flexibility and client-service focus inherent in independent agencies.
Through Worldcom Group, clients have on-demand access to in-depth communications expertise from professionals who understand the language, culture and customs of the geographic arenas in which they operate. Visit www.worldcomgroup.com for more information.